Straight talk: What does state funding support at K-State? What does philanthropy support? What is the relationship between state support and tuition at K-State?
Costs covered by state appropriations and tuition dollars*
- Salaries and state-mandated benefits (health insurance, retirement, etc.)
- Facilities and grounds maintenance
- Teaching and work supplies
*This list is not exhaustive.
Private donations to K-State are used for:
- Scholarships and student support
- Some new buildings and renovations
- Supplementary program funds
- Supplementary research funds
- Supplementary faculty funds
How you can advance K-State
As donors, you have the ability to make a difference by reversing these trends. Your gifts provide an important margin of excellence, enabling Kansas State University to continue its land-grant mission and tradition of research, education and outreach. You can continue to boldly advance the K-State family by making a gift and sharing the K-State story in your communities.