You’re invited to submit a K-State Proud logo design for consideration. Each year, Student Foundation invites talented student designers at K-State to compete in a contest to design the next K-State Proud logo.
The goal of the contest is to create a unique K-State Proud logo to appeal to the student body and be something every student on campus wants to wear. The logo should capture the essence of the K-State experience; by donating to K-State Proud you are helping give another student the experience!
Guided by the leadership of Student Foundation, the K-State Proud campaign brings student leaders from across campus together to promote a culture of philanthropy and giving at K-State.
In the first 16 years of the campaign, the student body has raised more than $1.4 million in Student Opportunity Awards for their peers who are struggling financially. With a minimum donation of $20, students receive a T-shirt and other benefits throughout the campaign week. This year’s campaign will celebrate 17 years of impact and over 1,000 students that are able to remain at K-State because of K-State Proud. Each year thousands of students donate to receive a K-State Proud shirt. Help design the 2023-2024 logo!
After the logo design competition closes, each submission will be vetted for copyright purposes. The remaining submissions will be narrowed by a vote from Student Foundation and the final logos will be voted on by the KState student body. Designers are not limited to the provided vector files and we encourage them to think outside of the box and take risks. If chosen for use, the designer of the winning logo will receive $150! They’ll also be able to add these three designs to their portfolio and earn the added bragging rights of designing a T-shirt for a nationally recognized philanthropic campaign.
When creating your design, keep the following in mind:
- Designs MUST be created in Adobe Illustrator vector format.
- Required aspect ratio of the design is 10 : 3 (shirt design), 400 x 400 pixels (social media), 1500 x 500 pixels (web banner)
- The words “K-State Proud” MUST be included in the logo design.
- All submissions must be original works created solely by the currently-enrolled student.
- The logo is used mainly on T-shirts, but also in electronic and print formats including emails, website, social media, marketing and recruitment posters, brochures, banners, and other publications, collateral and/or promotional items.
- Create two (2) designs: one to print on a lavender shirt, as well as a version for printing on a white background.
- Feel free to use the Powercat, Willie or the seal in approved form. Vector files are available here:
- University seal
- University branding standards must be followed if you incorporate one of these images into your design: K-State Brand Guide. (See page 11 of the Brand Guide). If your design does not meet standards, you may be asked to modify your design to comply or risk disqualification.
- Designers may use campus architecture as inspiration.
- Avoid the prominent use of the official colors of rival Big 12 universities, particularly red, blue, and orange.
- Designs cannot contain religious symbols or images of alcoholic beverages.
- Be aware that gradients and tints do NOT work well when silkscreened.
- The winner must supply, within five days of notification, all source documents including fonts and/or embedded/placed images to be eligible for the cash prize.
- The winning design will become the property of the KSU Foundation, which retains the right to modify, alter, change or amend the design in any way before publication. The winner will be able to utilize these designs in their personal or professional design portfolio and will be credited for their work.
All submissions are due by July 14, 2023.
For more information, please contact:
K-State Proud Vice President of Internal Campaigns