When you join the KSU Foundation, you become part of the K-State family and the Manhattan, Kansas, community.
Meet Manhattan, Kansas
Introduce yourself to a classic college town. Food, shopping, culture, outdoors and more in the place we lovingly call Manhappiness!
Meet our team
Find out why Greg loves working at the KSU Foundation.
Interested in learning more about what it’s like to work at KSU Foundation? Check out our LinkedIn page.
Get to know MHK
Founded in 1865 when the steamboat Hartford ran aground on what the Kaw people called the Great Blue Earth River, Manhattan has flourished into an unbeatable college town. Today it’s a regional leader for education, healthcare, culture and fun.
We mean business
- No. 3 on Forbes’ list of Best Small Places for Business and Careers.
- Daily flights to Chicago and Dallas — and easy connections to anywhere.
- Collaboration opportunities with K-State experts through the Edge Collaboration District.
A great place for youth and families
- 6 National Association for the Education of Young Children-accredited early childhood education centers.
- USD 383 is home to 10 elementary schools, two middle schools and Manhattan High School, recently ranked among the nation’s “Most Challenging High Schools.”
- Lazy rivers, splash parks, an ice rink, the Sunset Zoo and more to explore.
- Summer Shakespeare programs for kids, Junior Zookeepers, K-State band and sports camps, and more will keep your Wildcats happy and engaged!
- Whether you’re explaining the 7th inning stretch or rocking to the Wabash Cannonball, K-State Athletics will bring your family together with the K-State family.
Get outside and play
- More than 45 miles of hiking and biking trails including the 19.6-mile Little Apple Loop and 5.5 miles of river trails.
- Experience wild Kansas on the Konza Prairie, an 8,616-acre native tallgrass prairie preserve and research station. It houses about 300 bison, 208 bird species and 576 plant species. Trails are open to the public for hiking.
- Immerse yourself in the beauty and science of our local habitat at the Flint Hills Discovery Center.
Enjoy year-round arts in Manhappenin’
- The Manhattan Arts Center showcases homegrown and visiting talents
- K-State’s McCain Performance Series is a regional hub of artistic and cultural encounters that will get you on your feet calling for an encore!
- Let the wonder of the Beach Museum of Art inspire and refresh you.
- Check out “i love you little apple” and 20+ more local murals adding color to MHK.
- Manhattan offers a full slate of arts and humanities; check out aha! Manhattan.
- Restaurants serve up local flavors and satisfy international good taste.
- Delicious local breweries with award-winning brews on tap.
- 50 food trucks from the crowd-pleasing Varsity Truck to Tad’s shaved ice.
- Legendary Call Hall ice cream, a local favorite for every age.
Kansas State University alumnus and longtime local restaurateur, Scott Sieben ’11 of Kite’s Bar & Grill, Mr. K’s Café & Bar, Mr. K’s Mobile Kitchen and now Rockin K’s, has partnered with the KSU Foundation to offer the community a fresh full-service gastropub experience located […]