Claim your place in the family tree of scholarships — and help generations of students get their start at K-State — by taking advantage of a scholarship match. More than 300 new matching-gift scholarships have launched in less than five years.
Double your power
A match means more. For example, when you give $50,000 to a family scholarship, the Vanier family will match it for a total of $100,000.
Family takes care of family
State support for higher ed shrinks. College costs rise. Is it any wonder that K-Staters need scholarships more than ever?
But the K-State family takes care of its own. Lead donors have given seed money for your family to maximize its impact on students.
Past matches include:
- Mary Vanier Family Match (universitywide)
- Vanier Family Match (universitywide)
- Ice Family Match (engineering and health and human sciences)
- Herbal Family Match (business)
- Kruse Family Match (agriculture)
- Bosco Family Match (universitywide)
- Gilliland Family Match (business)
How the match works
Watch your gift multiply
- When you give a minimum of $50,000 to your family scholarship of choice, it will be matched by the Vanier family.
- You can give a lump sum or an annual pledge spread across five years.
- If you do an annual pledge, 70% goes to principal and 30% is awarded to a student.
- Only two gift matches are allowed per household.
- A gift fee will come out of the principal.
- If pledge payments are one year overdue, your money becomes expendable and the match money is returned to the KSU Foundation fund.
- The match is given once the gift agreement is signed and the first pledge payment is received.
- Donor-requested criteria is limited to a college or unit. We’ve simplified the criteria to make the scholarship awardable to more students.
- The scholarships will be awarded centrally.
- A portion of the family scholarship funds will be made available to campus to award to a student after the agreement is signed and pledge received. The remainder goes into the endowment to fuel future scholarships.